Our physician-led Cardiopulmonary Care program is focused on helping patients achieve the most active life possible despite any cardiopulmonary diagnoses and physical limitations.
The healthcare professionals at New Eastwood work in partnership with cardiologist, Dr. Koroush Khalighi, and board-certified pulmonologists Dr. Livia Bratis and Dr. Malek Numeir of St. Lukes Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates to provide expert clinical care and services.
We tailor our cardiopulmonary rehab program for individuals with heart disease and pulmonary disease, cardiac disease with diagnoses such as CHF, COPD, post heart and lung transplants, emphysema, acute myocardial infarctions and acute respiratory failure.
Our comprehensive Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation features:
- Team Consults with our Board Certified Cardiologists and Pulmonologists
- ACLS Certified Nurses
- Therapy Services as prescribed (up to 7 days per week)
- 24/7 Access to Laboratory and Radiology Services
- Tracheostomy Care and Management
- Respiratory Therapy available as Clinically Warranted
- EKGs and Echocardiograms On-Site
- Wide Range of Oxygen Therapies
- Piped-in 02
- Remote Telemetry
- Cardiac Inotropic Drips
- Nebulizer Therapies
- Pacemaker Assessment and Monitoring
- ZOLL LifeVest
- Anti-Coagulation Checks On-Site
- IV Lasix and Solumedrol
- Comprehensive Cardiac and Pulmonary Education/Training for Patients and Family Members
- Case Management and Discharge Planning
- Coordination of Home Care Services including CARE NAVIGATION™ Program
- 24/7 Admissions Direct from the ER
We Care for patients who require LVAD Heart Pump’s for Heart Failure Treatment
Our program aims to:
- Reduce pulmonary symptoms
- Decrease disability
- Increase participation in physical & social activities
- Promote independence & quality of life
Our goal is to provide the medical expertise and personal support to help our residents get well, be well and stay well.
Piped-In 02 and In-Wall Suctioning Have Arrived!
Resulting Benefit and Value for your patient population includes:
Piped in 02 Offering Quieter, More Restful Stays…
- Allows for addition of Optiflow in rehab level of care on patients using 50% FIO2 or less as well as Oxymizer therapy up to 12 lpm of continuous oxygen flow.
- Use of Optiflow enhances mucocilliary function through warmed hydration resulting in enhanced mucocilliary secretion clearance. This results in increased comfort allowing for reduction in work of breathing and ease of breathing.
In Wall Suction Offering and Allowing For:
- Increased comfort for patients with loss of oral motor control who require frequent oral yankuer suction by allowing continuous suction not previously available.
- Increased pulmonary hygiene and ease of care resulting in increased comfort and less anxiety in our tracheostomy population.
- Treatment of patients in need of bowel rest who require low continuous suction resulting in earlier patient hospital discharge.