Our physician-led Cardiopulmonary Care program is focused on helping patients achieve the most active life possible despite any cardiopulmonary diagnoses and physical limitations.
The healthcare professionals at New Eastwood work in partnership with cardiologist, Dr. Koroush Khalighi, and board-certified pulmonologists Dr. Livia Bratis and Dr. Malek Numeir of St. Lukes Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates to provide expert clinical care and services.
We tailor our cardiopulmonary rehab program for individuals with heart disease and pulmonary disease, cardiac disease with diagnoses such as CHF, COPD, post heart and lung transplants, emphysema, acute myocardial infarctions and acute respiratory failure.
Our comprehensive Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation features:
- Team Consults with our Board Certified Cardiologists and Pulmonologists
- ACLS Certified Nurses
- Therapy Services as prescribed (up to 7 days per week)
- 24/7 Access to Laboratory and Radiology Services
- Tracheostomy Care and Management
- Respiratory Therapy available as Clinically Warranted
- EKGs and Echocardiograms On-Site
- Wide Range of Oxygen Therapies
- Remote Telemetry
- Cardiac Inotropic Drips
- Nebulizer Therapies
- Pacemaker Assessment and Monitoring
- ZOLL LifeVest
- Anti-Coagulation Checks On-Site
- IV Lasix and Solumedrol
- Comprehensive Cardiac and Pulmonary Education/Training for Patients and Family Members
- Case Management and Discharge Planning
- Coordination of Home Care Services including CARE NAVIGATION™ Program
- 24/7 Admissions Direct from the ER
We Care for patients who require LVAD Heart Pump’s for Heart Failure Treatment
Our program aims to:
- Reduce pulmonary symptoms
- Decrease disability
- Increase participation in physical & social activities
- Promote independence & quality of life
Our goal is to provide the medical expertise and personal support to help our residents get well, be well and stay well.