Our physician-led program is focused on helping patients achieve the most active life possible despite any cardiopulmonary diagnoses and physical limitations.
The healthcare professionals at New Eastwood work in partnership with the cardiologist, Dr. Koroush Khalighi, and board-certified pulmonologists, Drs. Gerald Lowman and Kishorkumar Nar to provide expert clinical care and services.
We tailor our program for individuals with heart disease and pulmonary disease, with diagnoses such as CHF, COPD, post heart and lung transplants, emphysema, acute myocardial infarctions and acute respiratory failure.
Our comprehensive program features:
- Team Consults with our Board Certified Cardiologists and Pulmonologists
- ACLS Certified Nurses
- 7 Days Per Week Therapy Services as prescribed
- 24/7 Access to Laboratory and Radiology Services
- Tracheostomy Care and Management
- On-Site and Full-Time Respiratory Therapy
- EKGs and Echocardiograms On-Site
- Wide Range of Oxygen Therapies
- Remote Telemetry
- Cardiac Inotropic Drips
- Nebulizer Therapies
- Pacemaker Assessment and Monitoring
- ZOLL LifeVest
- Anti-Coagulation Checks On-Site
- IV Lasix and Solumedrol
- Comprehensive Cardiac and Pulmonary Education/Training for Patients and Family Members
- Case Management and Discharge Planning
- Coordination of Home Care Services including CARE NAVIGATION™ Program
- 24/7 Admissions Direct from the ER
Our program aims to:
- Reduce pulmonary symptoms
- Decrease disability
- Increase participation in physical & social activities
- Promote independence & quality of life
Our goal is to provide the medical expertise and personal support to help our residents get well, be well and stay well.